Control Relay Panel Wiring Technician
Greer,, South Carolina 29650
CONTROL RELAY PANEL WIRING TECHNICIAN
**Must have two years hands-on industrial electrical control panel build experience.**
SCOPE Inc. provides services to the electric utility industry in the areas of panel manufacturing, substation construction, substation maintenance, and quality oversight.
Our Substation Division, KVA, Inc. is headquartered in Greer, South Carolina and we provide services throughout the Carolinas and North America.
- Light physical effort equal to frequent lifting or moving of lightweight materials up to 25Lbs.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, bend, kneel and reach during working hours
- Perform repetitive to non-repetitive assembly tasks constantly using hands and arms
- Ability to work above or below shoulder height for extended periods of time
- Ability to see and handle small parts and wires of different colors
- Performs a combination of tasks to assemble electronic components, subassemblies, products, or systems. Reads client specifications, electrical schematics, production drawings and assemblies, or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed
- Must have industrial background - Wiring and building industrial relay control panels and interface equipment based on electrical schematics, and/or wire lists
- Experience with panel fabrication and build, component lay out, electrical enclosures, electrical assemblies, and controls
- Connects wires between individual component leads and other components, connectors, terminals, and contact points. Cuts wire to specified lengths and Routes, combs, twists, wraps, ties, and attaches wire to terminal points
- Positions and aligns parts in specified relationship to each other using mechanical drawings and layouts
- Mounts assembled control components, such as terminal blocks, fuse holders, control relays, circuit breakers, switches, on rack mount panels/enclosure using crimps, screws, bolts, rivets, solder, or perform similar operations to join or secure parts in place, using hand tools, power tools, and automation equipment
- Installs finished assemblies or subassemblies in panel racks, termination cabinets and control houses as applicable
- Assembles and attaches hardware, such as caps, clamps, knobs, and switches, to electrical control assemblies
- Performs in production inspection, conducts functional and continuity tests of electrical assemblies, components, wire harness, and plugs, using an ohmmeter, test lights, and other electrical testing instruments to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards
- Must have two years hands-on industrial electrical control panel build experience
- Read and wire from an electrical schematic and Bill of Materials
- Have good knowledge of electrical controls components
- Be dependable and detail orientated
- Have the ability to perform a variety of complex tasks requiring knowledge of panel assembly
- Electrical experience in industrial/commercial wiring, is a plus!
- Experience – 3 - 5 years of relevant experience or advanced degree in related field
$16.00 per hour or DOE
Job Type: Full-time