Lineman / QCA Supervisor
North Carolina 28105
Position Title: Manager of Quality & Compliance Audits
Department Title: Manager of Quality Compliance Audits for Utility Line Construction
Reports To: Senior Vice President
- Position Purpose:
The Manager of Quality & Compliance reports to the Sr. Vice President of Field Operations and have accountability for all Quality Compliance Technicians. The QCA Manager will provide the leadership, communications and directions to ensure a safe, productive and profitable field audit process. The QCA Manager is responsible for directing all aspect of the QCA field activities in Utility Line Construction. The QCA Manager must be able to develop a full solution that encompasses all aspect of Utility Line Distribution Construction. This position will ensure adequate staffing of manpower, tools and equipment are available to support the QCA field activities. The QCA Manager must assure the operation follows applicable health, safety, and environmental requirements. This position will assist in sales, bidding, budgeting, motivating, training, planning, including the retention and hiring of QCA Technicians.
- Role and Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Education Required:
- Personal Attributes:
- Work Conditions
- Provide oversight and inspection services for crews auditing distribution line construction work
- Develop and implement work procedures to enhance safety and enforce safe work practices and policies.
- Stop work and get contractor management involved for unsafe acts
- Follow up with team and contractor management to have defective work amended
- Provide storm support and other support functions as requested by the client
- Responsible for supporting request for Proposals and RFQ requests, including estimates and technical specification
- Screen, Interview and hire qualified experience QCA Technicians
- Collaborate with sales team to develop and implement marketing plan for future opportunities (corp. management will assist if needed)
- Maintain customer relations
- Accountable for projects Budgets and profitability
- Submit weekly report to executive leadership
- Take responsibility for personal growth and development by setting goals and seeking out knowledge without direction
- You and your team will be responsible for projects’ safety, oversight, work zone quality, quality, customers commitment and relationships. Ultimately, you will be acutely involved in project success for the operational growth.
- Take ownership of operations, customer service, cost control, quality, employee relations and employee development
- Provide direction to QCA teams regarding operational and procedural issues
- Develop QCA teams by providing ongoing feedback and holding the teams accountable for established performance expectations
- Evaluate staffing levels and make recommendations to Executive Leadership based on business needs
- Ensure excellent customer service in all areas. Resolve customer issues as they arise
- Maintain high energy level teams with a positive image to client and staff during all shifts
- Use department budgets to identify areas of opportunity within each area of responsibility
- Ensure that security procedures are being followed to protect employees, customers and company assets
- Solve complex problems within established parameters and identifies and recommends responses to new and unusual circumstances and or situations
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 20 years of progressively responsible related experiences in Utility Distribution Line Construction.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft office suite.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions with limited direction
- Strong leadership skills
- Skills for data entry. (Microsoft software)
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Capable of working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Good understanding of operations and basic customer service needs.
- Read and Write and comprehend maintenance manuals and technical instructions.
- Become familiar with all company policies and procedures including the Scope Services Safety Manual.
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Extensive driving from site location to site location
- Wear fire retardant clothing
- Wear personal Protective equipment as required