St. Joseph,, Michigan 49085
Proposal Project Estimator Job Description:
Reviewing all proposals for optimum competitive pricing, Analyzing Information, Estimating, Planning, Reporting Research Results, Strategic Planning, Attention to Detail, Informing Others, Requirements Analysis. Prepares cost estimates by analyzing proposals and requirements for Field Services.
Estimator Job Duties:
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Track major competitors projects that have been won and gain any competitive information available (Messaging, Price Points, Customer Perceptions)
Estimator Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in company services and knowledge of company offerings
- Previous experience in responding to RFP’s and RFI’s
- Previous experience in developing pricing models
- Strong leadership skills.
- Project Management skills in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Technology proficient – Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Visio, PowerPoint Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Capable of working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Good understanding of corporate operations
- Read and comprehend maintenance manuals and technical instructions.
- Familiar with all company policies and procedures including the Scope Services Safety Manual.