Quality Substation Manager
Greer, South Carolina 29650
Established electrical manufacturer is searching for a competent and experienced Quality Substation Manager to join our team. In this role, the successful applicant will be responsible for overseeing the Total Quality Management of the production and installation teams and the efficacy of the overall program to ensure the utmost in customer satisfaction. The Quality Manager will also be responsible for ensuring continual quality improvement within the facility. If you have a strong background in quality management and exceptional leadership abilities, we encourage you to apply.
Responsibilities for the Quality Substation Manager will include:
• Maintain company quality standards
• Review products, processes and systems on an ongoing basis to determine where improvements can be made.
• Review Customer Quality Requirements and participate in Audits
• Oversee the product manufacturing process to ensure quality
• Actively participate in production meetings with the relay panel teams.
• Develop Total Quality Program including Supplier Audits, Non-Conformance Control, Testing and Calibration, Training and Document Control.
• Serve as primary point of contact with client regarding efforts such as client coordination of Quality Programs and environmental compliance, facility support.
• Manage all aspects of Quality Program communications
• Develop and implement Quality project policies and procedures, establish Quality project controls systems and implement the project execution plan.
• Work closely with the Project Team to ensure deliverables and services are being provided to client’s satisfaction and that projects are following internal QA/QC guidelines.
• Report regularly on Quality Records, Machine Maintenance and Supplier Performance Reviews.
Quality Manager skills
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• Six Sigma or ISO experience a plus
• 5+ years’ quality management experience
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency with precision measuring tools
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong knowledge of calibration and ability to read blue prints
• Impeccable communication, presentation and organizational skills
• Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check
• Valid driver's license required. In addition, must meet standards to qualify for and maintain the Company's vehicle driving privileges as outlined in the Company's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy.
• Ability to travel.