Substation Control Wiring Technician
Raleigh, North Carolina 27513
SUBSTATION CONTROL WIRING TECHNICIAN
** 2 years prior experience in electrical power / related to the utility industry desired**
SCOPE provides services to the electric utility industry in the areas of panel manufacturing, substation construction, substation maintenance, and quality oversight.
Our Substation Division, KVA, Inc. is headquartered in Greer, South Carolina and provides services throughout the Carolinas and North America.
KVA is currently seeking a Substation Control Wiring Technician with direct work experience with control relay panels and control house integration. The Substation Control Wiring Technician performs a variety of maintenance and service work on equipment throughout the utility service territory.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Use tools & various types of test equipment required to install, inspect, test and integrate substation control panels and house equipment including circuit switches, termination cabinets, battery systems, working independently or with other personnel involving wire pulls and conduit runs.
- Proficient use of electrical test equipment and/or troubleshooting techniques.
- Maintain accurate documentation of daily work transactions, site records, engineering data and test reports.
- Ensure substation equipment meets NEC standards and client specifications.
- Coordinates the work of and working with contractors that may be engaged to perform some equipment maintenance or repair tasks
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License
- Knowledge of utility power systems and delivery desired.
- Use appropriate safety equipment, PPE and follow safety procedures in performing assignments.
- Knowledge of testing, repairing and calibration of electrical equipment.
- Knowledge of control protective relays, communications, and back up battery systems
- Skill in reading schematic diagrams, control house equipment layout and wiring layouts including cable trays and junction box diagrams.
- Good interpersonal and oral communication skills desired.
- This position spends time outside in all weather conditions driving to the substation locations; a valid driver’s license is required.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs loading and unloading a vehicle and to carry test equipment.
Education and Work Experience
- Minimum 2 year Technical degree in electric power or subject matter related to the utility industry
- 2 years minimum prior experience in the same desired
- Competitive Wage
- Health Insurance after 60 Days
- Paid Holidays after 90 Days
- Paid Vacation after 1st Anniversary
- Advancement Opportunities
Job Type: Full-time