Utility Substation Working Foreman
Greenville, South Carolina 29601
UTILITY SUBSTATION WORKING FOREMAN
**Must have 5 years electrical substation construction / lead experience.**
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead an electric utility substation civil construction crew
- Assembly and Erection of Substations.
- Assesses and adjusts priorities and refocus efforts as needed to meet individual project requirements, work load, 3. Provides a framework of various levels of training and experience to be used when recruiting staff.
- Reviews schematics and specifications; ensures drawings and specifications will function as designed in environment intended for use.
- Provides material takeoffs.
- Maintains inventory usage and materials used on jobs.
- Coordinates or prepares shipment of materials and supplies for job sites.
- Installs system components and wiring in compliance with the Company standards, Client Contract Standards.
- Proposes changes or modifications to plans to enhance operation.
- Schedules critical and non-critical activities effectively for project success.
- Conducts and records daily tailgate/toolbox/safety meetings.
- Responsible for upkeep and safe-keep of all equipment and tools assigned for substation construction.
- Responsible for training assigned staff on installation of substation material, equipment.
- Responsible for training assigned staff on proper usage and safety on all equipment and tools.
- Establishing and implementing OSHA and Customer Safety Requirements.
- cable trench, cable trays, pull cable, and install conduit
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Weekly overnight travel may be required
- Work in electrical substation as a subcontractor for electric/utility
- Wear Fire Retardant clothing and PPE as required
- HS diploma or GED
- Must pass a criminal background check, DMV clearance and drug screen
- Must have 5 year electric substation construction experience or comparable experience
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving history (commercial class A license is a plus)
- Safe work record
- Strong contributor in a team environment with good communication skills
- On Time and Dependable with reliable means of transportation
- Able to lift up to 70 lbs., work in confined spaces and elevated work areas
- Able to stoop, bend, walk, and work in rugged terrain and in all weather conditions
- Must have or be willing to get EH rated boots with composite or steel toes.
- Competitive Wage
- Health Insurance after 60 Days
- Paid Holidays after 90 Days
- Paid Vacation after 1st Anniversary
- Advancement Opportunities