Vice President of Safety and Quality Control
Saint Joseph, Michigan 49085
V.P. of Safety & Quality
Position Summary: Reporting to the President. In addition, the incumbent will build strong relationships with our clients and the safety team. As a member of the leadership team, the individual will be intimately engaged in shaping the company’s development and commercialization strategy with his/her peers. Responsibilities:
· Building Quality and Safety leadership organization to support organizational growth.
· Define the global strategy for all corporate projects.
· Oversee the regulatory requirements in the design, implementation and execution of policies.
· Communicating Risk Minimization Plans and Action Plans to safety and management teams.
· Interfaces effectively with relevant functions in the organization to ensure cross-functional compliance for all processes according to state and federal regulations.
· Core accountability for initiatives within Quality and Safety departments and in cross-functional efforts.
· Provide leadership in the requirements and execution of documentation required for compliance.
· The development and leadership of best-in-class development personnel; the management of those individuals and the ability and willingness to hold key team members accountable for progress with program/project management; a mindset for self-growth and enabling the growth of others.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
· Minimum 10+ years in safety and quality
· Previous Quality Improvement, Safety, Patient Experience and/or Regulatory experience required.
· Knowledgeable use of databases and spreadsheets.
· Strong leadership skills.
· Proven track record of successful safety and quality development resulting.
· Excellent knowledge of current regulatory standards, and precedence in the utility industry
· Adapts to and helps to facilitate change. Acts as a change agent for the organization.
· A demonstrated ability to effectively interface with the senior management team, Board of Directors, and regulatory agencies.
· Demonstrates ability to make accurate, strong and timely decisions.
· Displays enthusiasm, initiative and awareness of needs throughout the organization.
· Displays motivation and energy to undertake and complete work independently.
· Successful experience establishing and implementing regulatory plans for national projects to reduce incidents/accidents.
· Experience in leading remote teams and be forward thinking, strategic and decisive in nature.
· Understand and possess skills and have a history of coaching, motivating, and influencing a diverse group individuals.
· Proactive, effective communicator with team, peers and senior leaders, both internally and with external collaborators.
· Managing organizational growth: Prior experience building, staffing and leading an emerging company. Knowledge of how people/organizations work and ability to apply that knowledge to influence, lead change, deliver strong results and build the confidence of stakeholders.
· High ethical standards, integrity and strength of character in his/her personal and professional dealings and a willingness to act on and be accountable for his/her decisions.
Essential Core Competencies:
· Action Oriented
· Problem Solving
· Functional/Technical Skills
· Priority Setting
· Drive for Results
· Strategic Agility
· Dealing with Ambiguity
· Integrity and Trust