New Orleans, LA, Louisiana 70032
Position Title: Warehouse Manager/Lead
Job Status: Hourly
Reports to: Project Manager
- Responsible for getting the warehouse setup for delivery and use of inventory.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Oversees the cross dock set up once location is designated.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable safety policies and procedures.
- Ensures cleanliness of the facility and all cross docks.
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Responsible for all aspects of inventory control for area from receipt through installation or via return to Honeywell/Entergy.
- Collects, tracks, and coordinates with Inventory / Logistics manager on materials to be returned to utility or manufacturer (RMA).
- Ensures that all quarantined specifications are met precisely.
- Coordinates with Inventory / Logistics Manager on the disposition of damaged shipments and inventory that does not pass testing.
- Documents all assets for tracking.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; with the use of the WOMS.
- Ensures that all assets are tracked and documented via Honeywell/Entergy's Meter Tracking System (MTS)
- Accountable for maintaining adequate assets for deployment including tools, equipment, PPE, inventory and communicates needs with Inventory / Logistics Manager
- Maintains assigned tool inventory etc. for technician's tasks and vehicles.
- Reconciles new and legacy inventory weekly and performs a full reconciliation monthly
- Coordinates fleet maintenance and upkeep of fleet
- Distributes and maintains fuel cards for vehicles including communicating to Inventory / Logistics Manager when pins and cards need to be canceled.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Creates and distributes inventory and fleet tracking reports for area
- Works closely and communicates regularly with the Area Manager.
- Works closely and communicates regularly with the Inventory / Logistics Manager.
- Inventory Control: 2 years (Preferred)
- Shipping and Receiving: 2 years (Preferred)
- Stacking: 2 years (Preferred)
- Reach truck: 2 years (Preferred)
- Forklift Operator: 2 years (Preferred)
- Container Loading: 2 years (Preferred)
- Must pass the following pre-employment requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $15.00 /hour